It's official, I am 24 today, I can't believe it, to be honest. For some reason turning 24 is exciting. I woke up this morning getting ready for work and as I walked out the door to my car feeling beautiful with my white skirt on, I felt the quietness of the Lord today walking with me. There was just something different has I got in my car and started driving and the only thing I could think of was that God was completely reminding me that it's okay to continue to walk in this womanhood, that there is freedom in doing so. I just felt the nudge of the spirit say, "It's okay Princess, I give you the grace to go ahead and be who I created you to be." And there is peace and completeness in this season, it is just great to be here.
On my way to work I received a call from a person I hadn't talk to in while wishing me a Happy Birthday, that was a blessing and then as I walked to my desk, my cubicle is decorated with streams, ballons and even a little princess crown, that put a smile on my face and then as I opened my inbox for the day of events I saw two E-Cards, one from my ex's mother, one from an older gentleman here at work (He reminds me much of a Dad) and many other thoughtful e-mails from co-workers.
Anyhoo, I am amazed how far God has brought me in the last 6 years. Do you ever just reminisce about certain points in your life, I know that I do, sometimes too much. But it's been amazing to look back at certain events of my life and see God's hand in the midst. You know those nights of desperation, nights of crying out or the nights of just complete silence?
In this new stage of my life, I have been reading a book called, "Kingdom Triangle" by J.P. Moreland who is a well know Philosopher and Theologian. He spoke at my church about a month and a half ago about his new book and although there was some things that I didn't quite agree with that he spoke, over all it was good. So I bought the book and have been reading it little by little, only because it is EXTREMELY deep. Most people that I have talked to agree that it is one of those books that takes time to read, this book is challenging me in a whole new way, wheather it is intellectually, emotionally or spiritually. And just the other day at church I was sitting down with the man whom I am to lead a life group with and his friend. And the three of us began to discuss, "Kingdom Triangle" and a book called, "Velvet Elvis (this book is next on my list to read). One thing both these books have in common is the movement of the "Emerging Church." I don't know much about this movement, although there have been discussions in my theology class about this new crusade (although I am not sure if that is what it is) and everyone's opinions about it. It was interesting as I heard my professor share a little bit about it and his thoughts. From what I have gained in information (although I would like to read up on it more) I am truly fasicnated and encouraged by the new depth of faith in this movement.
With all this randomness in my posting, I am just so thankful that God is walking me through each step of my life, I am finding great comfort under the shadow of His wings, I am finding the quietness in my heart (even in the midst of all the voices), the silence and act of solitude in coming before the Lord and the complete dependence in knowing that He is taking care of me. And today I leave this post with a couple favorite verses of mine that I hold so close to my heart, I love how the word of God just flushes my heart with adoration for my King, even when I feel like at times I am barely holding on.
"Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength."
-Isaiah 40:28-29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your blog is so encouraging - not just this one, but others. Thanks for sharing! And happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment