Thursday, March 15, 2007

I AM

There is this song by Nicole Nordeman called, "I AM" and today I was reminded of this song. There is something about this song and lyrics that bring me at such peace with my Lord. I remember the first of the year when I was going through some things, I would play this song on my laptop over and over and fall asleep. It seemed the only thing that would calm my pain, storms and rage inside of me and leave me at complete peace that my God was with me.

"You saw my mistakes
And watched my heart break
Heard when I swore I'd never love again
And when I was weak, unable to speak
Still I could call You by name
And I said Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper
Be my best friend
And you said, I AM"

This is just some of the song, one that happens to be one of my favorite parts. There is just something about a song that is put together with the right lyrics, music and singer that moves my heart in many ways. Especially a song like this, many times I would find myself crying as I would sing this song until I would fall asleep and I ALWAYS knew and trusted that my God was with me, that He was the I AM in each circumstance.

I haven't listened to this song in a while and today when I heard it for the first time in a while today my spirit was completely moved, not out of saddness, but out of completely joy and adoration of my wonderful Lord. I have seen His faithfulness, strength, provision, compassion, grace, mercy, justice and love in my life more than I could ever imagine. Each time I face something in life or am tested I never forget that my God is God, that He is soverign and although my circumstances at times seem like an eternity, I know that "weeping with last for night, but joy will come in the morning."

Sometimes I wonder why God allowed certain things in my life and yet each circumstance I am completely grateful, the times that I became angry at God, have become a time of thankfulness. He truly shown me what it means to be His daughter and there is something about being loved by my King that brings me joy, comfort and peace.

I know that however God allows me to be on this earth I will face trials and tribulations. Jesus said "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." And there is something about His word that changes my heart and whole outlook on life and each day I am realizing that He is enough to sustain me in this life, when all is forsaken and gone, my God remains and He is I AM.

No comments: